Google’s results for MPs’ expenses are rubbish
The results from Google if you search for MPs expenses are rubbish. Last week they had pages from the BBC first and the Telegraph 2nd - even though the Telegraph is the primary source of all this material. Today the results are even worse: they're absolute garbage.
- In first place, we have the BBC, with one page from yesterday and from October 2004.
- Then comes the Guardian, with its MPs'-expenses landing page followed by a story from Saturday. That might be fair enough for 2nd place.
- Then theyworkforyou.com - tangentially interesting I suppose, but the page is dated 2004.
- Then the Daily Record from Saturday. I've nothing against Scottish newspapers, but really - ahead of the Telegraph?
- And finally, the Telegraph with one page from Sunday and its MPs'-expenses landing page (maybe that link will bump them up ...)
Utter rubbish. I know there are 3 news stories listed above the normal results. And I know google is probably suffering because no mainstream news organisations link back to the Telegraph.
But for a topical news story, this set of web search results is really bad.