Dog bumps other dog. News.
The Salisbury Journal has revealed that its "dog bumps nose" story (no, I'm not making this up) has been read by 130,000 people - making it the paper's most read article ever. You'll realise how extraordinary this is when you read the story ...
Here's what it said ...
POLICE in Ringwood are investigating the circumstances surrounding an injury to a dog’s nose.
A woman was walking her dog and puppy, when her puppy ran off.
Her dog ran after the puppy but collided with a male dog walker and his dog.
The woman's dog received an injury to his nose.
I'm not joking. That really was the original story. All of it.
Follow up story
Wait, there's more - a follow up.
MORE than 130,000 people logged on to view our top story today.
Even Mock the Week star Dara O’Briain tweeted about it.
What’s that, I hear you cry?
Was Cheryl Cole kissing David Beckham in the cathedral?
Our most viewed story ever involved a dog, with an injured nose.
At only four sentences long, it probably breaks most records for page impressions per word anywhere on the web.
So, how does it smell? One commentator asked.
The original story now has 53 comments, blaming NuLiebor and immigrants for the problem. They're joking. I think.
Hat tip to Drew Broomhall.
You might also like
- Comic relief: which news sites gave a proper link, and which didn’t?
- Online news isn’t turning journalists into sheep
- News of the World cloaking stories and breaking Google paywall rules
- Google will give Murdoch what he wants if he renames the Sun as the Wapping News Journal
- Google street view: which news sites linked?,