#KLMsurprise – KLM launches unmoderated hashtag feed. Surprise!
Learning no lessons from previous cockups, KLM has launched a website which republishes any tweets that contain the hashtag #klmsurprise - with no moderation. Unsurprisingly, it's now being abused (Update: the twitter feed has been removed). Here's the site:
Here's a tweet that they published from me.
Here's one about a penis:
- The sound of flthy jets roaring over Thamesmead and Beckton? That's a #klmsurprise
- I do love your ability to bring tourists and marijuana closer together #klmsurprise #hashtaggeddit
- Service so crap you feel like an inmate and not a passenger #klmsurprise
- Seating so cramped you get off your flight without your feet #klmsurprise
- The best #klmsurprise is the discovery that train travel is actually the sanest way to get around Europe.
- Could we all be falling for a cunning ploy to get #klmsurprise trending? And then the twitterfall will magically disappear
- apparently KLM is being hijacked by "moronic trolls" due to their #KLMsurprise fuck up. so far it's all seemed fairly tame to me
- I haven't had a #klmsurprise since the devaluing changes to the Flying Blue program. Reflecting what the customers wanted of course...
- #klmsurprise travelling to Unrestricted Hashtags, you are delaying the flight, immediate boarding please at social media strategy