News sites that get a time stamp in Google – and those that don’t
Some news sites get a last updated time stamp in Google - and some don't.
It's a bit of information next to the URL that says XX minutes ago.
Not all news sites get it - although I can't see any rhyme or reason.
Sites that do have it
The sites that do have it are: Times, Telegraph, BBC News, Express, ITN, Guardian.
The Express could probably live without it, as I recently showed that they don't update their site after 8am on a Sunday.
Sites that don't have it
The sites that don't seem to have it are: FT, Sun, Mirror, Manchester Evening News, Dail Mail, Metro and Independent.
You might also like
- Google street view: which news sites linked?,
- Comic relief: which news sites gave a proper link, and which didn’t?
- Sites that drive the most USA traffic to UK newspaper sites
- Sites whose appearance sucks in google news!
- Google will give Murdoch what he wants if he renames the Sun as the Wapping News Journal