National newspaper Twitter account growth gets ever slower …
UK national newspaper Twitter accounts are continuing to grow - but the rate is getting slower and slower, according to the latest figures for the 129 accounts I'm tracking:
- July to August growth: 17%
- August to September growth: 17%
- September to October growth: 13.1%.
- October to November growth: 8.3%
- November to December growth: 6.6%
These accounts had 1,801,044 followers on November 2nd (ignoring one FT account that has been shut). On December 2nd they had 1,919,770 followers in total.
Of the 118,726 increase, 76,812 or 65% was for the @guardiantech account (which benefits from being on Twitter's suggested user list).
As ever, the full spreadsheet is here or you can see the iframe below.