If you monitor your brand on Twitter, read the tweets before replying …
It was #oneletteroffmovies day on Twitter on Saturday - Top Gum, Pilates of the Caribbean etc. My contribution was "BT - one alien's struggle to get broadband so he can email home". And then BT began to tweet me ... (if you're not from the UK, BT is our formerly government-owned phone (and now internet) company).
BT: Is it a residential problem?
Me: How far is Alpha Centauri from the nearest exchange?
BT: DM us with the full address
Let's hope it's light speed, eh? I stopped at this point. I've looked closely for any signs of irony. I can't see any ...
If you liked this post, you'll probably love 10 people who better prey their boss isn't on Twitter - s/he can see your tweets.
You might also like
- Virgin broadband speed – make sure you get the speed upgrade
- Ofcom: we need action not research on broadband speeds
- 10 people who better pray their boss isn’t on Twitter – S/HE CAN SEE YOUR TWEETS
- Uncovered: the first ever tweets, in order (warning: they’re dull)
- The (in)accuracy of Alexa: more evidence not to rely on it