Personalised search: SEO just changed forever
Google's rolling out personalised search to everyone, even if you're not signed in:
It means that:
- The results you see aren't what everyone else sees, making SEO analysis that much harder.
- If you do a rubbish job of selling your site (either through the title in the results, or in terms of what they see when they click through) to people who commonly perform the same search, your site is going to drop down their result eventually.
You might also like
- Replace suspension cost: more rubbish UK search results
- What The X Factor tells us about Google’s keyword and search-volume analysis tools
- Official Arsenal site doesn’t come first when you search for ‘Arsenal’ in Google
- New Media Age experiments with first click free
- Google indexes 168,000 pages of Bing’s social search results